Essential Job Functions:
This position is responsible for assisting the Accounting Manager as outlined in the Appendix to the level described below.
- Responsible for the accounting processes, reporting, reconciliations, and accurate record keeping in assigned areas.
- Become proficient in the use of computer programs and systems utilized by the company (DBS, Coda, MAS200, Clarity, Excel).
- Adhere to all deadlines and reporting requirements as set by management or from outside entities.
- Answer and resolve customer (internal/external) questions and needs.
- Prepare special internal financial reports and complete special projects as assigned by the Accounting Managers, Controllers or Sr.VP-Finance.
- Analyze, Prepare, and Review account reconciliations, schedules, financial statements, and other projects on an as needed, timely basis.
- Provide information and Receive feedback to and from the Accounting Managers, Controllers, Sr.VP-Finance and Operations Managers on a consistent basis
- Perform additional key duties and projects established in conjunction with the Accounting Managers, Controllers, Sr.VP-Finance, and other departments
For optimum performance, the jobholder in this position would be expected to demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills, and attitudes in the following areas.
- Self-Management Capabilities: Appropriately modify natural behaviors and actions to most effectively fit the situation. Taking the self-initiative to continuously improve; take actions that “need” to be taken versus taking actions that “like” to be taken; knowing when to listen, speak, question, and seek feedback.
- Influencing Capabilities: Demonstrate leadership in attitude and behavior with respect to the effective assessment, management, and adaptability required in handling situations. Also, demonstrate an aligned commitment and contribution to the success of others in the department.
- Planning Orientation: Competency in strategic and operational planning methods and practices; monitoring and measurement of targeted results; allocation of time and skills.
- Problem-Solving Expertise: The rational approach to the processes involved in identifying and defining problems/goals, selecting and implementing alternative solution strategies, the management of resources and contingencies and reducing performance deviations/gaps.
- Technical Expertise: Specific business/industry job-related professional knowledge, skills, experience, and related performance attributes. 5 to 10 years of Cost Accounting Experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
Bachelors or better in Accounting.
5-10 years: Degreed Accountant with 5 to 10 years of experience
Melanie Shepherd | Senior Recruiter | Deacon Recruiting | Deacon Professional Services
719 Carnoustie | San Antonio, Texas 78258 | tel: 210.807.5626 |